Exercise of Interchange of Affirmative and Negative Sentences
-: Exercise 5 (A) :-
Transform the following Affirmative Sentences into Negative Sentences :-
1. Hardly had Ram seen me when he called
Negative – No sooner had Ram seen me than he called me.
2. It is unlikely that Rakesh will help you.
Negative – It is not like that Rakesh will help you.
3. Only good girls got good marks.
Negative – None but good girls got good marks.
4. My shirt is loose.
Negative – My shirt is not tight.
5. As soon as the clock struck ten, we went to sleep.
Negative – No sooner did the clock strike ten than we went back to sleep.
6. As soon as he came, it began to rain.
Negative – No sooner did he come than it began to rain.
7. He is too miser to spend any money.
Negative – He is so miser that he can not spend any money.
8. He loves all.
Negative – He does not hate all.
Negative – He does not fail to love all.
9. Iron is more useful than gold.
Negative – Gold is not so useful as iron.
10. He found him dishonest.
Negative – He did not find him honest.
Negative – He did not fail to find him dishonest.
11. They should attend the marriage.
Negative – They should not fail to attend the marriage.
12. She is as dull as an ass.
Negative – An ass is not duller than she.
13. Ram is taller than Sita.
Negative – Sita is not so tall as Ram.
14. The question is difficult.
Negative – The question is not easy.
15. He goes to bed after midnight.
Negative – He does not go to bed before midnight.
Negative – He does not fail to go to bed before midnight.
16. Only a little child would talk like this.
Negative – None but a child would talk like this.
17. He is too old to work hard.
Negative – He is so old that he can not work hard.
18. He saw the Taj.
Negative – He did not fail to see the Taj.
19. I was doubtful whether it was you.
Negative – I was not sure whether it was you.
20. He is richer than I.
Negative – I am not so rich as he.
21. As soon as he saw us, he ran away.
Negative – No sooner did he see us than he ran away.
22. He is greater than I.
Negative – I am not so great as he.
23. Great man make a sacrifice when necessary.
Negative – Great man does not fail to make a sacrifice when necessary.
24. Karim is taller than Sohan.
Negative – Sohan is not so tall as Karim.
25. Gopal is very careful about his studies.
Negative – Gopal is not careless about his studies .
26. As soon as we came out, it started raining.
Negative – No sooner did we come out than it started raining.
27. Only good boys are successful.
Negative – None but good boys are successful.
28. He helped me in my need.
Negative – He did not fail to help me in my need.
29. Fortune favours the brave.
Negative – Fortune does not fail to favour the brave.
30. False friends will come to you only when you have money.
Negative – False friends will not come to you when you have no money .
Negative – False friends will not fail to come to you when you have money.
31. She proved to be a faithful.
Negative – She didn’t fail to prove to be a faithful.
-: Exercise 5 (B) :-
Transform the following sentences from Negative to Affirmative :
1. They did not find the road very bad.
Affirmative – They found the road very good.
2. He is not so rich as his brother.
Affirmative – His brother is richer than he.
3. There is no smoke without fire.
Affirmative – There is smoke with fire.
4. She is not dull.
Affirmative – She is intelligent.
5. I did not fail to see your brother.
Affirmative – I saw your brother.
6. There is none but believes in his honesty.
Affirmative – There is only believes in his honesty.
7. There is no rose without thorn.
Affirmative – There is every rose with thorn.
8. He will never be forgotten.
Affirmative – He will be always remembered.
9. The knife is not blunt.
Affirmative – The knife is sharp.
10. I am not richer than she is.
Affirmative – She is richer than I.
11. I did not fail to return his book.
Affirmative – I failed to return his book.
12. Old men are not always wise.
Affirmative – Some time old men are fool.
Affirmative – Old men are always fool.
13. There is no rose without fall.
Affirmative – There is rise with a fall.
14. I am not so industrious as he is.
Affirmative – He is more industrious than I am.
15. None but a coward would flee from his duty.
Affirmative – Only coward would flee from his duty.
16. The two sisters are not unlike each other.
Affirmative – The two sisters are like each other.
17. No sooner did he see the tiger than he fled.
Affirmative – As soon as he saw the tiger, he fled.
18. None but Ram was selected in the college.
Affirmative – Only Ram was selected in the college.
19. We should not disobey our parents.
Affirmative – We should obey our parents.
20. He did not fail to join the marriage party.
Affirmative – He joined the marriage party.
1 thought on “Exercise of Interchange of Affirmative and Negative Sentences”
I all the time emailed this blog post page to all my associates, as if like to read it next my friends will too.
Look Here :