Synthesis of Sentences – Solved Exercise of Participle
-: Exercise :-
Combine each set of the following Simple Sentences into one Simple Sentence by using a Participle :
1. The tiger was hungry. He killed a goat.
Simple – Being hungry, the tiger killed a goat.
2. He has failed. He heard the news. He fainted.
Simple – Hearing the news of his failure, he fainted.
3. The people saw the flames. They ran towards the burning house.
Simple – Seeing the flames, the people ran towards the burning house.
4. He finished his work. He went home.
Simple – Having finished his work, he went home.
5. I was hungry. I took my food.
Simple – Being hungry, I took my food.
6. I saw a man. He was blind. He was carrying a lamp in his hand.
Simple – I saw a blind man carrying a lamp in his hand.
7. Mahesh Bhupati was defeated by Leander Paes. He was much disappointed.
Simple – Having been defeated by Leander Paes, Mahesh Bhupati was much disappointed.
8. I saw a man. He was smoking a cigarette.
Simple – I saw a man smoking a cigarette.
9. She went to the garden. She plucked flowers.
Simple – Having gone to the garden, she plucked flowers
10. I saw a ball. I picked it up.
Simple – Seeing a ball, I picked it up.
11. The servant swept the room. He went away.
Simple – Having swept the room, the servant went away.
12. He came to me. He gave me this letter.
Simple – Having come to me, he gave me this letter.
13. The poor man worked. He laughed. He thus spent his life.
Simple – Working and laughing, the poor man spent his life.
14. I was walking in the field. I saw a snake. I ran away.
Walking in the field and seeing a snake, I ran away.
15. The child lost his pen. He began to weep.
Simple – Having lost his pen, the child began to weep.
16. He was disguised as a saint. He escaped to Nepal.
Simple – Having been disguised as a saint, he escaped to Nepal.
17. Turn to the right. You will then find the house.
Simple – Turning to the right, you will find the house.
18. The magician took pity on the rat. He turned it into a cat.
Simple – Taking pity on the rat, the magician turned it into a cat.
19. She was tired of reading. She lay down in bed.
Simple – Being tired of reading, she lay down in bed.
20. He jumped up. He ran away.
Simple – Jumping up, he ran away.
21. Brijesh lost his book. He searched for it.
Simple – Having lost his book, Brijesh searched for it.
Simple – Brijesh searched for his lost book.
22. He raised his gun. He took aim. He shot the tiger.
Simple – Raising his gun and taking aim, he shot the tiger.
23. He drew his sword. He attacked his enemy.
Simple – Drawing his sword, he attacked his enemy.
24. Sheela witnessed the show. She witnessed three dolls. The dolls were talking in a strange language.
Simple – Sheela witnessed the show of three dolls talking in a strange language.
25. A funny fox saw some grapes. They were hanging from a vine.
Simple – A funny fox saw some grapes hanging from a vine.
26. The boy has lost his books. He is searching them.
Simple – The boy is searching his lost books.
Simple – Having lost his books, the boy is searching them.
27. He took off his shoes. He entered the temple.
Simple – Taking off his shoes, he entered the temple.
28. He went outside. He was accompanied by his brother.
Simple – He went outside, accompanied by his brother.
-: One question for you :-
Qu. I reached home. I took of my clothes.