Complex Sentence – Exercise of adjective clause
1. My father will come from Delhi. I don’t know the time.
Complex – I don’t know the time when my father will come from Delhi.
2. The pen is mine. It is on the table.
Complex – The pen which is on the table, is mine.
3. Ramesh is a good boy. He belongs to a good family.
Complex – Ramesh who is a good boy belongs to a good family.
Ramesh is a good boy who belongs to a good family.
4. I have a dog. It is very faithful.
Complex – I have a dog which is very faithful.
5. We came upon a certain cottage. Here a shepherd was living with his family.
Complex – We came upon a certain cottage where a shepherd was living with his family.
6. The boy is standing there. He is my brother.
Complex – The boy who is standing there, is my brother.
7. He didn’t come to school today. Do you know the reason?
Complex – Do you know the reason why he didn’t come to school today.
8. Will you give me the watch? It is on the table.
Complex – Will you give me the watch which is on the table?
9. I bought a pen a few days back. I have lost it.
Complex – A pen which I bought a few days back, has lost.
10. I bought a pen. It was costly.
Complex – I bought a pen which was costly.
11. You have put my book at a place. Show me the place.
Complex – Show me the place where you have put my book.
12. My father gave a pen. It was lost.
Complex – My father gave a pen which was lost.
13. You can find me in my room. The room is on the third storey.
Complex – You can find me in my room which is on third storey.
14. I heard the news. I went to the hospital. The hospital is not far from my house.
Complex – When I heard the news, I went to the hospital which is not far from my house.
15. I have a watch. The watch gives correct time.
Complex – I have a watch which gives correct time.
16. A man came to me yesterday. He was blind.
Complex – A man who came to me yesterday was blind.
17. He is the man. He has criminal charges against him.
Complex – He is the man who has criminal charges against him.
18. He owns a dog. The children are frightened of it.
Complex – He owns a dog of whose children are frightened.
19. The traveller was hungry. He was thirsty. He came to my house. He begged for food.
Complex – The traveller who was hungry and thirsty, came to my house where he begged for food.
20. Some people die for some noble cause. They are honoured by everyone.
Complex – Some people who die for some noble cause are honoured by everyone.
21. The boys have come back. They went to Delhi last month.
Complex – The boys who went to Delhi last month, have come back.
22. This is the house. He was born here.
Complex – This is the house where he was born.
23. This is Porbandar. Mahatma Gandhi was born here.
Complex – This is Porbandar where Mahatma Gandhi was born.
24. Lord Wellington fought the bottle of Waterloo very tactfully. He defeated Nepoleon.
Complex – Lord Wellington fought the battle of Waterloo so tactfully that he defeated Nepoleon.
25. I have found the book. I have lost it.
Complex – I have found the book which I have lost.