Synthesis of Sentences – Compound Sentence
-: Exercise :-
Combine the following sets of Simple Sentences into one Compound Sentence :
1. I am going to Delhi. I will stay there for a week.
Compound – I am going to Delhi and I will stay there for a week.
2. Make haste. You will be late.
Compound – Make haste or you will be late.
3. Hate begets hate. Love begets love.
Compound – Hate begets hate but love begets love.
4. Professor Gupta was late. He missed the train.
Compound – Professor Gupta was late so he missed the train.
5. He was wrong. He was punished.
Compound – He was wrong so he was punished. Or He was punished for he was wrong.
6. It was a stormy night. He ventured out.
Compound – It was a stormy night yet he ventured out.
7. He drew his sword. He rushed upon the enemy.
Compound – He drew his sword and rushed upon the enemy.
8. Good boys work. Bad boys make mischief.
Compound – Good boys work while bad boys make mischief.
9. The speaker was very nervous. He, therefore, could not speak.
Compound – The speaker was very nervous so he could not speak.
10. He is the son of a mathematician. He is a very sharp-minded boy.
Compound – He is the son of a mathematician so he is very sharp-minded boy.
11. He is lazy. He scored good marks.
Compound – He is lazy yet he scored good marks.
12. The girl played volleyball. The boys did not play.
Compound – The girl played volleyball but the boys did not play.
13. If you lead, I shall follow.
Compound – Lead me and I shall follow you.
14. On account of illness, I could not go to school.
Compound – I was ill so I could not go to school.
15. Come with me. Stay at home.
Compound – Come with me or stay at home.
16. He is innocent. He should be treated as such.
Compound – He is innocent so he should be treated as such.
17. Ram is wise. Ram is gentle.
Compound – Ram is both wise and gentle.
18. He is intelligent. He is not proud.
Compound – He is intelligent yet he is not proud.
19. He grew very weak. He did not break the fast.
Compound – He grew very weak but he did not break the fast.
20. I met Mohan. He was a lecturer.
Compound – I met Mohan and he was a lecturer. Or I met Mohan, who was a lecturer.
21. The Rajputs were victories. They were brave.
Compound – The Rajputs were brave so they were victorious.
22. I visited Delhi. It is the capital of India.
Compound – I visited Delhi and it is the capital of India. Or I visited Delhi, which is the capital of India.
23. He is rich. He is not contented.
Compound – He is rich yet he is not contented.
24. I tried my best. I could not succeed.
Compound – I tried my best yet I could not succeed.
25. Speak the truth. You will be respected by all.
Compound – Speak the truth and you will be respected by all.
26. Give me your money bag. You will be shot dead.
Compound – Give me your money bag otherwise you will be shot dead.
27. God is merciful. He feeds even the helpless.
Compound – God is merciful so feeds even the helpless.
28. Everything decays. Books survive.
Compound – Everything decays but books survive.
29. That animal may be a fish. It may be a serpent. It must be one of them.
Compound – That animal may be either a fish or a serpent.
30. The brave face the challenges. Cowards flee.
Compound – The brave face the challenges but cowards flee.
31. Seth Govind Das is rich. He is miser.
Compound – Seth Govind Das is rich yet he is miser.
32. He saw the boy in the street. He stopped to speak to him. He gave him a book.
Compound – He saw the boy in the street so he stopped to speak him and gave him a book.
33. Rahim is intelligent. He is careless. He success is doubtful
Compound – Rahim is intelligent but careless so his success is doubtful.
34. I did not go to Delhi. My brother did not go.
Compound – Neither I nor my brother went to Delhi.
-: One Question for you :-
Qu. He invited her to the party. She did not come.