Passive Voice of Assertive Sentences
Change the following sentences into the Passive Voice:
1. The children sang the National Anthem.
Passive – The National Anthem was sung by the children.
2. He may send his servant, if he does not come.
Passive – If he does not come, his servant may be sent by him.
3. He stole my pen.
Passive – My pen was stolen by him.
4. He kills a bird.
Passive – A bird is killed by him.
5. The woodcutter has cut down these trees.
Passive – These trees have been cut down by the woodcutter.
Our Mobile App for board exam – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knowledgebeem.online
6. He gave me a rupee.
Passive – A rupee was given by him.
7. She can break it.
Passive – It can be broken by her.
8. I have taken food.
Passive – Food has been taken by me.
9. He writes a letter.
Passive – A letter is written by him.
10. The carpenter did not make this chair.
Passive – This chair was not made by the carpenter.
Our YouTube channel for board exam preparation – https://www.youtube.com/c/Knowledgebeem
11. We could not finish it.
Passive – It could not be finished.
12. Someone left the pen in a classroom yesterday.
Passive – The pen was left in a classroom yesterday.
13. We must look into this matter.
Passive – This matter must be looked into by us.
14. The flood hit the villagers hard.
Passive – The villagers were hit hard by the flood.
15. Your behaviour has greatly surprised me.
Passive – I was greatly surprised at your behavior.
16. It is time to close the shop.
Passive – It is time for the shop to be closed.
17. He teaches us English.
Passive – We are taught English by him.
18. The students are doing a lot of work.
Passive – A lot of work is being done by the students.
19. They are doing their work.
Passive – Their work is being done by them.
20. The police had caught the thief.
Passive – The thief had been caught by the police.
For more post visit our website – https://knowledgebeem.com
21. I found the boys laughing at me.
Passive – The boys were found laughing at me by me.
22. The book has greatly interested me.
Passive – I have been greatly interested in the book.
23. They found him guilty of murder.
Passive – He was found guilty of the murder by them.
24. We will not admit children under sixteen.
Passive – Children under sixteen will not be admitted by us.
25. I can’t write a letter now.
Passive – A letter can not be written by me now.
26. Mr Khan taught me to read Persian.
Passive – I was taught to read Persian by Mr. Khan.
27. All his friends laughed at him.
Passive – He was laughed at by all his friends.
28. The sincerity you have shown in your studies has pleased me.
Passive – I have been pleased with the sincerity you have shown in your studies.
29. Great men accomplish great things.
Passive – Great things are accomplished by great men.
30. We planted two thousand trees in our college last year.
Passive – Two thousands trees were planted by us in our college last year.