Transformation of Sentences – Affirmative Sentences into Negative Sentences
Transform the following Affirmative Sentences into Negative Sentences:
1. Hardly had Ram seen me when he called me.
Negative – No sooner had Ram seen me than he called me.
2. It is unlikely that Rakesh will help you.
Negative – It is not likely that Rakesh will help you.
3. Only good girls got good marks.
Negative – None but good girls got good marks.
4. My shirt is loose.
Negative – My shirt is not tight.
Visit our YouTube channel for Board Exam – https://www.youtube.com/c/Knowledgebeem
5. As soon as the clock struck ten, we went to sleep.
Negative – No sooner did the clock strike ten than we went to sleep.
6. As soon as he came, it began to rain.
Negative – No sooner did he come than it began to rain.
7. He is too miserly to spend any money.
Negative – He is so miserly that he can not spend any money.
8. He loves all.
Negative – He does not hate all.
Negative – He doesn’t hate anyone.
Our Mobile App for Board Exam Preparation – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knowledgebeem.online
9. Iron is more useful than gold.
Negative – Gold is not so useful as Iron.
10. He found him dishonest.
Negative – He did not find him honest.
Negative – He did not fail to find him dishonest.
11. They should attend the marriage.
Negative – They should not fail to attend the marriage.
12. She is as dull as an ass.
Negative – An ass is not duller than she.
13. Ram is taller than Sita.
Negative – Sita is not so tall as Ram.
14. The question is difficult.
Negative – This question is not easy.
15. He goes to bed after midnight.
Negative – He does not go to bed before midnight.
Negative – He does not fail to go to bed after midnight.
For more post visit our website – https://knowledgebeem.com
16. Only a little child would talk like this.
Negative -None but a child would talk like this.
17. He is too old to work hard.
Negative – He is so old that he can not work hard.
18. He saw the Taj.
Negative – He did not fail to see the Taj.
19. I was doubtful whether it was you.
Negative – I was not sure whether it was you.
20. He is richer than I.
Negative – I am not so rich as he.
21. As soon as he saw us, he ran away.
Negative – No sooner did he see us than he ran away.
22. He is greater than I.
Negative – I am not so great as he.