Formation of Complex Sentences by using Adverb Clause
Combine the following sets of Simple Sentences into one Complex Sentence using an Adverb Clause :
1. I am quite tired. I cannot work any more.
Complex – I am so tired that I can not work any more.
2. Learn your lessons. You will pass your examination.
Complex – If you learn your lessons, you will pass your examination.
3. Rashmi studies regularly. She must pass.
Complex – Rashami must pass because she studies regularly.
4. He went to a confectionery. He wanted to buy some biscuits.
Complex – He went to a confectionery so that he might buy some biscuits.
5. He came to me. I was writing an essay.
Complex – He came to me when I was writing an essay.
Our Mobile App for Board Exam Preparation – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knowledgebeem.online
6. He worked hard. He wanted to get first division in the examination.
Complex – He worked hard so that he might get first division in the examination.
7. Karan has failed in the final examination. The reason is his carelessness.
Complex – Karan has failed in the final examination because he is careless.
8. We want to study. We aspire to get a good job.
Complex – We want to study so that we may get a good job.
9. He was ill. He could not attend the function.
Complex – He could not attend the function because he was ill.
10. He is very poor. He cannot buy a car.
Complex – He is so poor that he can not buy a car.
Our YouTube Channel for Board Exam Preparation – https://www.youtube.com/c/Knowledgebeem
11. He worked hard. He wanted to pass.
Complex – He worked hard so that he might pass.
12. Walk carefully. You may fall down.
Complex – Walk carefully lest you should fall down.
13. He lives at a place. Nobody lives there.
Complex – He lives at a place where nobody lives.
14. He is poor. He is contented.
Complex – Although He is poor, he is contented.
15. The train had left. They reached the station.
Complex – The train had left before they reached the station.
More more post visit our website – https://www.knowledgeem.com
16. Work hard. Then you will succeed.
Complex – If you work hard, you will succeed.
17. He is a lazy boy. The other boys in the class are not equally lazy.
Complex – Other boys in the class are not so lazy as he.
18. The tea is very hot. I can’t drink it.
Complex – The tea is so hot that I can not drink.
19. The problem was very difficult. Nobody could find out its solution.
Complex – The problem was so difficult that no body could find out its solution.
20. We reached the station. The train had not arrived at the station by that time.
Complex – The train had not arrived at the station when we reached the station.
21. He heard the news. He was glad.
Complex – When I heard the news, I was glad.
22. He writes it. Do write it in the same way.
Complex – Do write it as he writes it.
23. It is very simple. A child can understand it.
Complex – it is so simple that a child can understand it.
24. She is rich. She is not happy.
Complex – Although she is rich yet she is not happy.
25. Passengers pushed one another. They wanted to enter the compartment.
Complex – Passengers pushed one another so that they might enter the compartment.
26. He waited for his brother. He waited till his arrival.
Complex – He waited for his brother until he arrived.
27. Work hard. You will get success.
Complex – If you work hard, you will get success.
28. He was quite tired. He could scarcely stand.
Complex – He could scarcely stand because he was quite tired.
29. He worked hard. He failed in the examination.
Complex – Though he worked hard, he failed in the examination.
30. You shall have to marry. You are already 30 years old.
Complex – You shall have to marry because you are already 30 years old.
31. You must work harder. You will not pass.
Complex – If you do not work harder, you will not pass.
32. The bell rang. They all came up at once.
Complex – They all came up at once when the bell rang.
33. He ran so quickly. He soon overtook his father.
Complex – He ran so quickly that he soon overtook his father.
34. Lila is more intelligent. I am less intelligent.
Complex – Lila is more intelligent than I.
35. I will return. Do not go till then.
Complex – Do not go until I return.