Formation of Complex Sentences by using Adjective Clause
Combine each set of Simple Sentences into one Complex Sentenee by using an Adjective Clause :
1. My father will come from Delhi. I do not know the time.
Complex – I do not know the time when my father will come from Delhi.
2. The pen is mine. It is on the table.
Complex – The pen which is on the table is mine.
3. This highway passes through Mathura, Agra and Kanpur. This highway is called the National Highway Number Two.
Complex – This highway which passes through Mathura, Agra and Kanpur is called the National Highway Number Two.
4. I have a dog. It is very faithful.
Complex – I have a dog who is very faithful.
5. We came upon a certain cottage. Here a shepherd was living with his family.
Complex – We came upon a certain cottage where a shepherd was living with his family.
Our YouTube Channel for Board Exam – https://www.uoutube.com/c/Knowledgebeem
6. The boy is standing there. He is my brother.
Complex – The boy who is standing there is my brother.
7. He did not come to school today. Do you know the reason ?
Complex – Do you know the reason why he did not come to school today?
8. Will you give me the watch ? It is on the table.
Complex – Will you give me the watch which is on the table?
9. I bought a pen a few days back. I have lost it.
Complex – A pen which I bought a few days back has lost.
10. I bought a pen. It was costly.
Complex – I bought a pen which was costly.
For more post visit our website – https://www.knowledgebeem.com
11. You have put my book at a place. Show me the place.
Complex – Show me the place where you have put my book.
12. My father gave me a pen. It was lost.
Complex – My father gave me a pen which was lost.
13. You can find me in my room. The room is on the third storey.
Complex – You can find me in my room which is on the third story.
14. I heard the news. I went to the hospital. The hospital is not far from my house.
Complex – When I heard the news, I went to the hospital which is not far from my house.
15. I have a watch. The watch gives correct time.
Complex – I have a watch which gives correct time.
16. A man came to me yesterday. He was blind.
Complex – A man who came to me yesterday was blind.
17. He is the man. He has criminal charges against him.
Complex – He is the man who has criminal charges against him.
18. He owns a dog. The children are frightened of it.
Complex – He owns a dog of whom the children are frightened.
19. The traveller was hungry. He was thirsty. He came to my house. He begged for food.
Complex – The traveller who was hungry and thirsty came to my house where he begged for food.
20. Some people die for some noble cause. They are honoured by every one.
Complex – Some people who die for some noble cause are honoured by every one.
Our Mobile App for Board Exam Preparation – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.knowledgebeem.online
21. The boys have come back. They went to Delhi last month.
Complex – The boys who went to Delhi last month have come back.
22. This is a house. He was born here.
Complex – This is a house where he was born.
23. This is Porbandar. Mahatma Gandhi was born here.
Complex – This is Porbandar where Mahatma Gandhi was born.
24. Lord Wellington fought the Battle of Waterloo very tactfully. He defeated Napoleon.
Complex – Lord Wellington who fought the Battle of Waterloo so tactfully that he defeated Napoleon.